Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Converting 3902 phone to L500 phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

stremaerky

Technical User
Aug 23, 2012
QA
Hi guys.

I am quite new to option 11c PBX system.

What are the steps in making DN with 3902 phone to be L500 phone?
Example:
DN 730 from digital line (3902) to analog line (L500)

I know it requires programming but I do not know where to start.

Thanks.

Firstly Do you have password level access and are you familiar with LD (Loads) 10 & 11
with cross connection patch/wiring experience of Digital to Analogue TN's (Ports)

Cheers!!

You indicate you're new to Option 11, but don't indicate what other phone system experience you have. I'll give you an overview at a high level. Let us know where you need details.

Note that digital phones are served from a digital line card and analog phones are served from analog line cards so you can't just "reprogram" the number. You actually have to build a phone set on an analog card (TN) and then cross connect that TN to the block for your jack location.

The basic steps are

(1) be sure you have an open analog TN on which to build a new 500 set;
(2) build the new 500 set TN with a temporary DN;
(3) change the new TN to the DN of the 3902 set; unplug the 3902 phone
(4) cross connect the new 500 set TN to jack that now serves the 3902 set; plug in the 500 set; and
(5) out the 3902 set, unless you're going to use it at another location.

Hope this points you in the right direction. Also see ghtrout.com for a bunch of Nortel-related information.

PS - Forum etiquette, click the link to star and thank posters for any replies you find helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back