Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Converted Switchboard macros to VBA throwing multiple errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

VicM

Programmer
Sep 24, 2001
US
Hi,

I'll start off by saying I'm not a fan of the embedded macros in the Switchboard. I prefer to get into the code and tweak it to my specs.

I'm using 32-bit Access 2010 on a Win7 Pro box. After converting the Switchboard macros to VBA code, and opening the Switchboard, the first msg I get is: TempVars can only store data. They cannot store objects.

After I clear the msg box and click on one of the buttons, I get a compile error stopping on the following VBA code:
Code:
    If (Command = 8) Then
        [COLOR=red][b]Call Argument & "()"[/b][/color]
        Exit Sub
    End If

I have three Switchboard pages and the most buttons on any page is four (4). In the code there are other lines with the word: Argument.

So as of now, the Switchboard no longer functions.

Does anyone have any words of wisdom?

IMO This by far is the worst "new" functionality perpetrated on us poor shlubs. If Bill Gates were dead, he'd be turning in his grave! LOL

Thanks,
Vic

have you tried

Code:
If (Command = 8) Then
        Call [COLOR=#4E9A06][b]Argument()[/b][/color]
        Exit Sub
    End If

03Explorer,

Thanks for your suggestion.

But I decided to work with the embedded macros of the Switchboard because I had other issues in the DB that needed to be resolved which were more important.

Again, thanks.

Vic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back