Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Convert yes/no to bool for Excel export

Status
Not open for further replies.

roxannep

Technical User
Jun 20, 2000
I need to convert a yes/no field to it's Boolean equivalent prior to exporting to Excel.

Dilemma: I have a table I export to Excel. While the table shows -1 and 0 for the Yes/No entries in the table, once it exports to Excel, it changes to TRUE/FALSE based on the data in the table. I need to remain either -1/0 or 1/0. I need this to happen PRIOR to it getting into Excel as my next step is importing the spreadsheet into a program that can only read those fields as numeric. The users do not have enough experience to make those changes. Even running a small macro is asking much of them. So I would like to have it convert BEFORE I export it to Excel.

Is there a way to run an Update query on that field and change the format of the field? Or a built-in expression I can use?

Thank you for your help.

Use IIF() Function

Create a query with all the fields of the table and a new defined field like
Code:
YesNo: IIf([WinLoss]=True,1,0)
Replace "WinLoss" to your actual field name that hold Yes/No data.

(Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back