Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Convert Word text with images to html (problems)

Status
Not open for further replies.

leifoet

Technical User
Jan 31, 2016
BE
An ASP classic module generates lists from an Access database (via a select query).

A fixed text / image appears at the top of the list.
This type of 'logo' consists of the following parts: a simple rectangle of approx. 1,6 in. high - approx. 6,3 in. wide, divided into 3 columns : 25% JPG image + 60% text + 15% JPG image
This 'logo' is a Word 2013 document that was converted into a webpage with save as logo.htm

In a next step, the created browser lists (= 'logo' + table) are saved to XPS and then converted back to Word for further processing (in Word).
I used this converter:
The problems came when I changed the 'logo': (sometimes) the images are missing and the endresult of the conversion to Word does not always keep the same layout as the original browser list.

Consequently, I ask if the step-by-step plan followed can not be made better, simpler or different so that changes to the 'logo document' can be made easier and the original list layout after conversion in Word is always maintained.
Or are there better possibilities than my Word + converter-to-html system.

Thanks for tips and / or possible alternative method(s).

I try to formulate the above message / problem more easily.

Most important = how can I convert the result (table) of a select query into a Word (or similar) document while maintaining the layout,
and on which further (Word)editing is possible.

The converter used (see above) somtimes turns the layout into a chaotic tabel.

Thanks for tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back