Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Convert vba to executable

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdiverdan

Technical User
Sep 23, 2003
CA
I have an excel workbook that's basically a small database. A vba userform accesses the data and has buttons that perform simple searches. I would like to access the userform without having to open excel.

So I need to create a program or convert the vba into an executable. How can I do this? I searched using google and depending on whatever preference a person has in programming, the search results are all over the map. I cannot find an answer. Does anyone have a userform interface that can open, retrieve and close the excel workbook behind the scenes?

Dan

Hi Dan,

AFAIK there are no vba-exe converters to do this for you.

Essentially, you'll have to re-write the userform in the programming language of your choice. Apart from having to recreate the actual userform, you may find there's relatively little change required to the code. That largely depends on how much Excel-specific code you're using behind your userform.

Cheers

[MS MVP - Word]

Hi,

You can do that in VB, for instance. Check one of the VB forums, if you'ld like to do that.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

Thanks, I thought so but had to try.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back