Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

convert to vector

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajt71

Technical User
Feb 10, 2005
GB
Hi, bit new to vectors but coming round!

I have a logo in photoshop which is not a vector graphic but I need to make it one. Is there an easy way of converting my existing logo to a vector graphic?

ta muchly

Andy

Import the logo into Freehand and use the 'Trace" tool. Double click on the trace tool icon and make adjustments to controll how Freehand "sees" the logo edges/colours etc. This method can be very successful or completely naf depending upon the original graphic. There is an Adobe program called Streamline which has been around for a long time and is very good at doing this sort of tracing. I don't think there's a quick way - you will always have some cleaning up to do even with the best traced results.

Another way - -depending how complex your logo - - create a clipping path in Photoshop and Use the Export paths to Illustrator. Photoshop will create a ,ai file - Open up in Ilustrator and Modify the paths.

info@prepress-online.com

"Tell'em we're comin', and hell's comin' with us.

If your photo is very detailed try using Flash to auto trace. I think you'll be amazed at the control and quality of the results. I learned of this technique in another forum and love the results. I like it better than Freehand and Illustrator auto-trace tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back