Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

convert text to xml using web services

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snug

MIS
Sep 5, 2001
US
I need a solution for converting a text file to xml and moving the xml to another server using web services. I've done some research and have found that the MapForce software will help create the conversion code (java) to use in a web service. We are using Apache w.s. MapForce will also help connect you to the web server and create the web call.

I've not worked with web services much. How difficult will this be? Can I edit the java code so that the output file (XML) is moved to another server? I also looking for opinions to this option.

If anyone has a better solution I'm ALL EARS!
Thanks in advance!

Snug

How much info can you give about the text file without needing an NDA? If you can provide a snippet or same format fake data, we'd have a much better idea what's needed.

I'd assume the MapForce produced Java would be a class that you'd call with the necessary info for your server, rather than being a complete application that you'd run by itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back