Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Convert SQL Server 2000 database back to version 7 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dougscrm

Programmer
Oct 19, 2002
US
A database was customized in SQL Server 2000. A SQL Server 7 user can't upgrade to SQL Server 2000 but wants to use the database. Does anyone know how to convert the database back to version 7? It is a database for a commercial package that is quite elaborate and wouldn't not be worth converting by hand. I'm thinking there might be a script or conversion process?

Thanks,

Doug

I don't think you are going to be able to do it. SQL Server 2000 has a lot of new features that don't have an equivalent in SQL Server 7.

-SQLBill

It really depends on if your using things that only exist in sql2k. you could try scripting the database and running it into sql7. you might have to play with it some to get it, but might be worth a shot.

I found that there is no easy way. One possible way if you had to go back is to create an empty sql7 database and use DTS to migrate the objects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back