Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

convert .pst outlook files to eudora .mbx files

Status
Not open for further replies.

glendacom

MIS
Oct 23, 2002
US
I have a user who is moving from MS Outlook to Eudora and I need to convert all of her existing email files (.pst) currently in Outlook to Eudora files (.mbx). Anyone have an idea as to how to do this? I tried using Eudora's import feature but it only brings in the folders not any of the mail. Sometimes I get a memory exception error when trying to do the import.

You were on the right track, the import function is the way to do it, the only way as far as I know. It normally brings the messages as well as the mailboxes. Only thing I can think of in your case is, are the mailboxes very large? Some people never clean out their old mail and end up with megabytes of junk. Try cleaning up the mailboxes in Outlook first, also make sure Outlook is not running when you do the import. Help us to help you, please post back and tell us if this helped.
All things are possible except skiing through a revolving door.

Hi there,

to the problem of importing mails and contacts from outlook´s pst to most linux/unix based mail clients there is some helpful information to find at the ximian support page here

bin/ximian.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?
p_sid=tqEaMZGg&p_lva=&p_faqid=59&p_created=995655179&p_sp=cF
9ncmlkc29ydD0mcF9yb3dfY250PTcxJnBfc2VhcmNoX3RleHQ9Y29udmVydC
BtYWlsIHBzdCZwX3BhZ2U9MQ**&p_li=

but the csv2vcf-pearl script gives out an empty file on my pc with a suse-linux (for those who don´t know: it´s a german distribution ;-)). maybe someone knows why???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back