Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Convert PRT to PDF

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmrVA

IS-IT--Management
Jul 22, 2003
US
Is there any way to convert PRT reports to PDF after they have been run and stored as PRT. We are going through an audit and they want everything electronic. Usually I copy PRT back into a play database to view/print. I need something they can "take with them" to review. I was trying to get away from having to print everything.

Thanks

Donna

Donna,

This link looks like what you need, you can drag and drop text files (which is all a .PRT really is) onto the converter icon and they get converted to .pdf. They may even have a free trial period,but if not its only $40 to buy it.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"What version of URGENT!!! are you using?

Sorry, that is for Mac users (as in Apple, not Macola). Try this one, I just tested it. You'll need to buy it as the 30 day demo puts their logo all over the place, but its only $25 and there is a batch conversion option in the registered version:

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"What version of URGENT!!! are you using?

Donna:

If you do not need to lock the document, Macola PRT files open well in Windows Notepad and other text editors such as TextPad.

Chris Poulin

thanks - the abctxt works great. You have to rename the PRT to a TXT then open with this program. If you export as a pdf,it doesn't look any different.

But the TXT is fine.

Wish I had thought to ask this question sooner!

Donna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back