Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Convert PDF to Excel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Kansa,

I suspect you can't, becasue the adobe format doesn't recognise the table as continuing over several pages. As far as the pdf file is concerned, each page is independent of any other in this respect.

You may be able to get around this by copying the multi-page table as text and pasting into an application like Word (or even notepad) as an intermediate step. In Word/notepad, you'll be able to delete extraneous stuff like page headers/footers that invariably get copied as part of the process. After you've done that, you may then be able to copy the material from there into Excel.

Cheers

HI

Thanks for the quick reply. I tried copying all the pages into Notepad and then into Excel. The Excel file looked pretty messed up unless I manually do adjustments as you said in the Notepad file.

Thanks anyway.
Kansa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back