Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Convert multiple Desktop Messaging messages from .vbk to .wav

Status
Not open for further replies.

chippowell

Technical User
Jul 13, 2006
US
Looking for a quick and easy way to convert multiple CallPilot Desktop Messaging messages to .wav for a user. Found this iTunes method below, but in testing, I'm having problems with step 2. When I try to drag and drop, I'm actually dragging Outlook .msg messages. Doubleclick the .msg and the computer knows it's a .vbk file and pops the CallPilot player. But iTunes doesn't know this, it just sees an Outlook .msg and won't let me import it.

The ultimate goal is for the user to archive hundreds of CallPilot messages to .wav without having to go through each one, Save As...wav, etc.

Thanks!

1 Download and install iTunes on your computer and launch the player on your desktop.

2 Drag and drop your .VBK file onto your library and select "Edit">"Preferences">"Import Settings" from the upper main menu.

3 Click "Import Using: WAV Encoder" in the "Import Settings" menu and select "OK."

4 Right-click on your .VBK file in your library and select "Create WAV Version" in the pop-up menu. Allow the new version to load into your iTunes library just below the original .VBK version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back