Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Convert MS Access SQL queries to AIX SQL queries

Status
Not open for further replies.

techstudent01

Programmer
Nov 15, 2014
US
Tek-Tips Team,

I just found this site and I'm really hoping someone can help me or at least point me in the right direction. I'm a recent college graduate entering in the " real world" and boy let me tell you it can quite challenging. I just got a job with a large fortune 50 company lets just say that my expectations and tasks have expanded since I first got hired. Last week I got assigned a pretty big task and I could use some help.

I have a fairly large access database and I need to convert the SQL queries to AIX SQL. All information is pulling from AIX but ms access makes the information look nice and pretty and has an easy interface. The problem is latency. Because the database is so large, the queries take a while to run.

I guess this is my fault because in school I learned that MS access has and gives a SQL view and I had an intro to linux/unix and I simply just made a suggestion to convert the queries to AIX. 3 weeks later I get this seemingly overwhelming task to convert this database to AIX. I have about 326 queries that I need to convert.

Is there a tool or an easy way to do this or do I need to do each on by hand?
Do you have any information or links that I could benefit from on how to convert MS access SQl to AIX SQL?
Some queries are simple and only involve 2 or 3 tables while others are very complex.

Please let me know where I can start?
I really really appreciate everyone's help.

Techstudent01

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back