Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Convert into upper case

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodmans

MIS
Apr 23, 2008
GB
Hi Informatica Gurus,

I have source data in normal case. I want to load upper case into the target table.

I know only the below synarios. Dont know if there is any other way to improve the performance.

Flat File Source.
1. converting into upper case using the TR package.
2. Using expression in the mapping.

Database source.
1. Upper case in the source qualifier.
2. Upper function in the expression.

Is there any other way of converting it into upper which is better performance wise.

Regards
Gmans

goodmans

Other than getting the Source System to create the field in Upper Case, the only performance considerations would be where in the process the data is converted.

And performance considerations for this would only be needed if you had a large volume of rows/records to process.
For example...
- if data is filtered, do not convert the data until all filters have run.
- If the field is moving to a smaller sized column, convert after the field after it has been sub-stringed
- use a stored procedure - the UPPER command in the Database Engine is faster than the Informatica Transformation function.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back