Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Convert from Word XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

naiku

Technical User
Apr 25, 2002
US
Hi

I am using Acrobat 5.05 and have converted a Word XP document (22 pages with images) to pdf format. The reason I have done this is that I want to publish the document onto a website, currently the pdf file size is 1.43Mb. Is that average for a 22 page word document? There are 7 full page images in the original word doc.

If 1.43Mb is above average size, what can I do to compress it? I have distiller but am not sure how to use it. Basically I want it as small a file size as possible since I don't want users of 28k and 56k dialups connections to not bother downloading it due to the file size.

Thanks

Naiku

Can U tell me how to convert from .doc to .pdf????
I want to convert a file for my homepage.
Thanks

You need to get a copy of Adobe Acrobat (Not just the free reader from the Adobe website) once you have installed the program it places 2 new buttons on your MS Word toolbar, all you have to then do is click the button to convert to .pdf and thats it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back