Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Convert fonts from Mac to IBM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 11, 2002
US
We do all our publishing work on a Mac. Unfortunately the company that we upload to is switching to all IBMs and has told us that we must switch as well or they won't be able to read what we send them.

What we're doing now is uploading PDFs. The images will upload to IMB okay, but the fonts and some layouts do not convert properly. Do you know of any conversion tools out there that would allow this to happen? We really, really, really do not want to purchase a slew of high end IBMs.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Devin

Hi

That's the first time I see a company which obliges his customers to switch from Mac to PC!

Generally, it's the job of the company to success to read the files of their customers, and if the company where you upload your files is not able to read your files, don't switch your computer, but switch to another company... more competent!

It's not normal that PDFs have troubles with fonts: are you sure that your PDFs include all the feature needed and that their PC (PC means PoorComputer) are correctly set? Making a PDF file is not so easy, when it is for a printing use in a printshop.

But if you really want to make the job for them... to translate fonts from Mac to PoorComputer, there are 2 or 3 building-fonts softwares that can do this job: I use Macromedia Fontographer, it's the most famous and the only one I remember. The price is about 500$ and it runs only under Classic...
In fact, that's not really a translation: you have to open the Mac font, and then you generate a PC font.

Best regards
Claude

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back