Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Convert Flash to stand alone EXE

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcCama

IS-IT--Management
Mar 14, 2003
BR
Hi,

I bought the Camtasia Studio software that produces dynamic presentations. Among other options, it produces Flash file type, so that is subsequently published on the web.

I need to convert the Flash presentations to a stand alone EXE file to distributes the presentations in a CD and Camtasia Studio don't does this.

Anyone know if any software does that? I need that software is freeware or at the lowest possible price.

Thanks,

Hi,

No, I don't have Flash standalone Player.

Where can I get it? It's free?

Thanks,

I'm pretty sure that link only has the IE activex plugin installer, not the whole FP9.0.124 package (which includes the stand-alone player).

However, you can get the FP9 archive from Adobe here:

Or, you can (and probably should) ge tthe FP10 archive from Adobe here:
In either case, expand that ZIP file, and pick which version of the player you want to use, and go into that folder. You'll see a .exe file that has "_sa" in the file name. This is the standalone player. You can run it, open your SWF, and then select "File" -> "Create Projector", and it'll self package the SWF along with that player into another .exe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back