Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Convert EXE to MSI package

Status
Not open for further replies.

saddatabid

Technical User
Dec 22, 2003
GB
Hi

I wish to convert an exe package to msi and then deploy. I wish to use Microsoft tools to perform this any ideas what tools I need and where will I find these?

I run windows 2003 server.

You could use WinINSTALL LE 2003. It's free, but it is hard to configure.

Is there anything else that I can use? Any Microsoft tools? I have heard that WINSTALL comes with Server 2003 but can not locate it?

Can anyone please assist?

Thanks guys

But is there anything else that I can use? Are they any other 3rd party packages?

There are lots of them. Wise for Windows installer, InstallShield AdminStudio, and Veritas to name a few, but they cost $$$$'s.

I need something free? I have found installer2go package and currently testing it...

Will be posting results soon!

have you located the windows server 2003 tool to convert this exe to msi yet? Successfully?

The Ondemand link above will take you to the site, this software was on the 2000 Server CD but has not been included on the 2003 CD. The site has the 2003 version and it's very good i've made loads of MSI's with it.

You can just download the full version of the WISE installer. This will only be an evaluation version (will die after 30 days) but you will be able to perform your package pretty easily.

-later

Joseph L. Poandl
MCSE 2003

If your company is in need of experts to examine technical problems/solutions, please check out (Sales@njcomputernetworks.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back