Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Convert Excel formula to Perl??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kre1973

IS-IT--Management
May 5, 2006
US
I'm using the Perl module: Spreadsheet::WriteExcel in which I'm trying to create a Excel spreadsheet. It's seems that the formula below is maybe to complex for the modules to interpet.

What the formula is basically trying to say is that, how many time entries in the cell range of E2:E23 are within a time range of 6:30pm and 7:00am.

typically data:

4:15am
3:36am
1:19am
5:10am
5:47am
3:49am
3:57am
2:09am
4:24am
4:15am
6:12am
5:49am

Excel code below:
Code:
=SUM(IF(NOT(ISERROR(TIMEVALUE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(UPPER(E2:E23),"AM"," AM"),"PM", " PM")))),IF((TIMEVALUE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(UPPER(E2:E23),"AM"," AM"),"PM", " PM"))<TIME(7,0,0))+(TIMEVALUE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(UPPER(E2:E23),"AM"," AM"),"PM", " PM"))>TIME(18,30,0))>0,1,0),0))

The answer in this case would be 12. All the data in the range are within the time frame.

So, that's what I'm looking to do in Perl somehow, maybe with a counter that keeps track of the entries that are within the time frame.

thanks

Hi,

What's the error you're seeing with Spreadsheet::WriteExcel? (before you go and write something yourself :)

Mike

When working on any project the value of other people is exactly that - they are other people, with views that don't necessarily match yours. This mismatch, between their views and the view you've been contentedly assuming is right, is where that value lies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back