Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Convert DVD to mpeg or something

Status
Not open for further replies.

LonnieJohnson

Programmer
Apr 16, 2001
US
I have a DVD and want to convert it to an mpeg, afs or qt file. What software could I use for this. I am no way a media person, so I need something simple. I want to put it on a web site.

ProDev, MS Access Applications
Visit me at ==>
May God bless you beyond your imagination!!!

If it's copyrighted material, you're in the wrong place to ask.

If it's a home-made DVD without the copyright protection, you can use any DVD converter such as DVDx or DVD2SVCD. I like DVDx which you can find at:

~cdogg
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
[tab][navy]For general rules and guidelines to get better answers, click here:[/navy] faq219-2884

Packages like Pinnacle Studio will also allow to use uncopyrighted DVD contents for editing your own movie.

Actually its our church. We video tape the sermon and then want to put it in a format that we can put on the web for steaming.

ProDev, MS Access Applications
Visit me at ==>
May God bless you beyond your imagination!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back