Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

convert .db database into ms-access

Status
Not open for further replies.

rk68

Programmer
Jul 15, 2003
IN
Hi,
I have .db extension database. I was told its paradox database. Since I can't view the data, how can I convert/view the .db data in MS-Access?
Is there a free tool which can be downloaded to do the same.
I tried couple of them but got error "external table not in expected format". Also tried the option of import in MS-Access & got the same error.

TIA
Raj

It's not necessarily a Paradox database. Several programs have .db extensions. Paradox databases, furthermore, may have .mb extensions, which contain the objects, documents stored, etc. These cannot be imported to Access.

You may be able to import it from Access directly. Click file >import and see if there is an option for Paradox files.

Failing that, your best idea is probably to hope it's an earlier Paradox version (not X4, although there is probably little change in the program, so X4 might open in Paradox), and get an outdated oem version of Corel Office Suite Pro. (advisable to get at least Pdx 8, better yet 9)and export the file to a comma delimited file, which you can then import easily into Access.

It is possible but improbable that Microsoft has import files on their website. It's worth checking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back