Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Convert Date/Time cell to a date and time in VBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurillius

Programmer
Jun 3, 2004
CA
Hi,
I've got a column of cells with date/time values and I need to compare to an specific date and time in VBA. I'm using a CASE where cell.value appears to be stored as decimal. How do I format specific the date and time that I created to see if the cell date/time is before or after?

Cell D2 = 2023-01-10 6:21:27 AM ...this is first cell in the column
shiftdate = 2021-01-10 ...and is a date variable

Here the statement:

Select Case Workbooks("text.xlsm").Worksheets("Sheet").Range("D2").Value 'debugger shows this as 44936.2648958333

Case Is < shiftdate & " " & "4:58:00 AM" ' it doesn't matter how early or later I make this time, it always goes into the case.

Thanks,
Mark

This forum is for MS Access database coding. You might have better luck in VBA Visual Basic for Applications.

Also, do you realize your shift date is in the year 2021 and the cell is 2023? Dates are all actually stored as numbers of days since 12/30/1899 (I think).

Duane
Minnesota
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP 2001-2016

Yes, you need to ask your question in forum707, but consider comparing 'apples to apples':

Code:
Option Explicit

Sub test()
Dim shiftdate As [blue]Date[/blue]

shiftdate = [blue]CDate([/blue]"2021-01-10"[blue])[/blue]

Select Case [blue]CDate([/blue]Workbooks("text.xlsm").Worksheets("Sheet").Range("D2").Value[blue])[/blue]
    Case Is < [blue]CDate([/blue]shiftdate & " " & "4:58:00 AM"[blue])[/blue]
        Debug.Print "We are here"
    Case Else
        Debug.Print "This is else"
End Select

End Sub

---- Andy

"Hmm...they have the internet on computers now"--Homer Simpson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor