Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Convert C header file to VB

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmaster3

Programmer
Mar 5, 2001
Is there a tool or utility to convert a C header file (.h) to VB declares? I need to call a C dll from VB but I only have the header file.
Is there another way to do it?

I know it's been a while since you posted this thread, but I have really just started looking around in this forum and I thought you might still like the info even if you found a work around in the past (though you may have come up with the same solution). There is a great book by Dan Appleman called "Visual Basic Programmer's Guide to the Win32 API" that has a great section on how you need to modify the statements declaring APIs (and similarly DLLs) for the VB datatypes. If you haven't already done it, you could use it to build a handy tool for doing that auto-magically (in fact, that might be a fun little project for my spare time, now that I think of it). Anyway, check out the book - it's pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back