Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Convert Access Data to Excel, then Back to Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeaShe

Programmer
Mar 9, 2004
US
Hi all,

I want to run an Extra!Basic macro against data currently resides in an Access database. I don't know how to "getstring" data in Access then do what I need to do in Extra! then send confirmation/results to Access.

So since I'm very comfortable doing the same process in Excel I thought I might try to download the data from Access into Excel, run my macro there, then upload that data back to Access.

Do any of you have an opinion on how difficult it might be to do the process using Excel? What commands do I use to transfer the data back and forth? Or, is it a waste of time to transfer the data back and forth?

FYI I'm running the macro on around 11,000 records one time. So while it's a lot of records, it's a one-time run.

Thanks for any help!

Don't know anything about Extra!, but you didn't explain what you're doing with the data. So it might be possible to just stay in Access but we'll need to know what you're doing. Then post the question in one of the asking forums.

You might want to post in Forum1

You do not get data from a database using the GetString Extra Method. I believe you would use ActiveX Data Objects.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Did you hear what happened when the OO programmer lost his library?...
He's now living in OBJECT poverty![tongue][/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back