Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Convert Access 2000 form to ASP

Status
Not open for further replies.

jatsky

Programmer
Oct 16, 2001
US
Does anyone knows any good visual application that will convert an existing Access 2000 Application to ASP. I need to have the same functionability as it does in Access, menu, combo-boxes, reports, etc.
Thanks

I do not know whether there is a tool available that can transform the native ACCESS form format to HTML (all form elements such as list- and textboxes, option buttons etc. are part of the HTML form "object model").
I strongly suggest that you recreate your form in HTML manually first (use CSS for god's sake!). Then you transform the HTML code in ASP.
Allow me to stress out that the problem is not the visual/design aspect but the connection to the underlying datasource (you need ADO recordsets and clever ACCESS queries). Furthermore, you need to re-create the updating procedures with ASP as well. Some Javascript/DHTML will help you a lot. You also need to pay attention to performance issues (server and client) and to know about the differences between IE and NN.

Here a (not exhaustive) list of what you need to solve your problem:
HTML & DHTML
ASP
CSS
Javascript
VBA
Access Queries

Happy programming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor