Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

conversions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I am trying to convert access 7.0 databases to access 2000. Most of them automatically convert fine, but then some get corrupted. I get an error saying the Visual Basic for Applications module is corrupt. No file found. Does anyone know a good way to upgrade to 2000. I do not know how to convert databases. Any ideas would be appreciated.

This has happened to me as well. You might try double chekcing that you have the correct libraries installed. Do this by opening any module for editing and selecting tools...references. Make sure that you have the latest version of MS VBA extensability selected (3.5?)

If you then compile the modules you should be back up and running.

Good luck.

You may want to decomplie the mdb after it has been converted. This has helped me in the past. From the Run dialog enter the following enter your locations.
"c:\program files\microsoft office\office\MSACCESS.EXE" /decompile "C:\YourFolder\YourDatabase.mdb"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back