Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Conversion Problems with Access 97 and 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

frond

IS-IT--Management
Nov 6, 2002
US
I am apart of approx. 20+ user system using Acces. Some have Aceess 97 and some have 2000. I have a database under 97. The users that have 2000 are having problems using the database created in 97. Whenever users open the 97 databse in Access 2000, A notification pops up stating that:

"2000 cannot make changes because it is an older version. If you would like to convert database please go to 'blah blah blah'."

However, I do not want to convert the database just yet because we still have some users still using 97. And I'm apprehensive to upgrade everyone now because this is an important database and I'm afraid that if we are all upgraded then no one wil be able to access the 97 database, even if we convert it to 2000. I hope this is enough information for someone to help.

I mostly lurk as I am just starting in the field and I am technically weak, but I noticed no one has responded yet so I thought I'd throw this bit out.

Have you copied the database (renamed it to be safe) and attempted to convert it?

There are instructions to do just that from Microsoft (sorry, I may search for the address later).

Please report your progress as someone else may post the same question not having gotten enough info. from here (it's been done already I'm sure).

Good luck,

Drew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back