Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Conversion Of Number To String Using PB 7.0.3 build 1009

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostmachine

IS-IT--Management
Dec 16, 2005
SG
I have a problem with the conversion of a number to a string using PB 7.0.3. It causes PB to crash. I have tried re-installing the powerbuilder and it does not help. Can someone give me any advice?

Ghost,

I personally have not noticed any problems with the casting of variables in any situation.

Please provide more information:

What Operating System are you developing on? Mac, WinNT, Win95, Win98, WinME, Unix, etc.

What value is in the actual number you are trying to caste?

Does the error occur during development or only during the run-time of the .dlls?

What does your casting look like? (e.g. is it a simple casting like:

INTEGER li_count
STRING ls_count

li_count = dw_1.rowcount()
ls_count = string(li_count)

Please provide an example.)

Where are you doing the action? A datawindow? A command button? NVO? etc. If it is a datawindow control, is it crashing during the conversion or when you try to place the variable into a row inside of the datawindow?

Have you tried to do the conversion in other areas within the same application - if so, does it crash or not.

Was the application you are working in migrated from an earlier version or was it originally created in version 7.0.3?

Have you tried the conversion in a new application to see if it crashes there?

Finally, the best place to check out errors due to actual bugs is and search the newsgroups for "powerbuilder 7.0.3 error".

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back