Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Conversion of Hyperlinks for use in Data Pages 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

w860098

Technical User
Mar 21, 2002
GB
I have an existing Access database where one table contains a field with a data type defined as Hyperlink.
I have now moved that database to SQL Server (using the stndard conversion facility) which has now given that field the data type of Ntext.
When I view that data, the field contents are shown as standard URL links.
However when I save that table as a Data Access Page, the field is shown as text enclosed with hash characters.
Can I do anything to the Element Property of that field to ensure that the value is shown as an 'active' URL link ?
[Note - further research has revealed that the difficulty also occurs in Access itself, i.e. the hyperlink value is 'corrupted' if I create a data page directly from the table and include that field as part of the layout]

I have a table with a field that contains URL's. This field has a type memo - memo because some url's can be quite long. It must contain the On the DAP, just drag the field to your page. Then create a BOUND Hyperlink field from the toobox. Bring up the property sheet. Click on the ALL tab and for the Control Source Option place the name of your the field containing the URL name. When you view your page, this new control will look like a hyperlink. You can then hide the other field.

I am afraid this has just added to my confusion !
I have available 2 versions of MS Access, i.e. 2002 and 2003, and in both cases my toolbox for Pages provides, amongst other choices, a Hyperlink, an Image Hyperlink and a Bound Span but no BOUND Hyperlink field.
I have found reference to such a field in Access 2000 documentation; is it no longer present on the later versions ?

Good old Microsoft. I have Access 2000. I got my info from
which is about 2000.

Now if you want a laugh, see this about 2003:

It states that there is a Bound hyperlink in 2003. Have you looked under the "more controls" icon on the toolbox toolbar? Maybe it's there - called something like microsoft Bound hyperlink. Just a guess. Does the Hyperlink or Bound Span have an option of Control Source?

I won't be able to get to the 2003 version until next week to take a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back