Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Conversion of Developer 2000 to Developer

Status
Not open for further replies.

trudyray

Programmer
Jul 20, 2000
US
I am converting an Oracle Developer 2000 4.5 system to Forms 6I. I have re-compiled all of the forms and things are working well. There is one procedure, however, that opens and writes to a flat file on a network drive. I receive an error(ORA-302000) on the open(using TEST_IO.FOPEN). I believe the application doesn't know the path to the network drive. I can't figure out how the 4.5 system knows the path. I can't find the path in any of the programs. I can't find a system parameter. I don't see anything in the system registry. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Trudyray, Have you checked the oracle.ini file in 4.5? In 6 the file will be written into the directory that is in the 'Start in' property of the icon from which you started the application.

Hairopoulos, go to '3rd party tools' and search for 'migrat'. There are three companies' products mentioned in the messages retrieved.

David

Look in you INIT.ora file file an entry for utl_file_dir.
i.e. utl_file_dir = c:\rpt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back