Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Conversion from Word 2 to Word 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

JezW

IS-IT--Management
Nov 20, 2002
GB
This is the query I have raised with Microsoft. I hope you can make some sense of this. I have also added test.doc which is a Word 2.0 file referred to in the conversion memo.
The two main issues are:
1 how can I include ask and fillin fields within autotext with a view to fields within selected parts of the assembled document being updated manually rather than a prompt appearing for each field when the autotext is first called up?
2 how can I arrange the outline numbering such that unnumbered paragraphs (eg the beginning and the end of the will) are ignored and I have the flexibility to renumber after editing which could well involve the addition or deletion of certain paragraphs or redefining of certain paragraphs from one level to another?
minor issues are
3 the operation of the switches within the fields which do not appear to work consistently
4 the changes in font size which take place.
Finally I attch my attempt at creating a new will template within Word 2000 - this includes some but not all of the autotext entries.

Word 2.0 - file containing my original query
sample.doc - sample file prepared using Word 2.0
testwill2.doc copy of sample.doc imported into Word 2000 -
the switches on the ask field for the address do not work although they do for the Testator's name and also for the fillin fields
the font size for part of the document has been changed from 10 to 11
unable to renumber the paragraphs
testwill1.doc Word2000 document which has been prepared from autotext entries copied from Word 2.0

Test Files can be downloaded here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back