Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ConverNon-EAs to EAS Environment 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lftpwr

Technical User
Jul 24, 2002
US
We are a non-EAS and thinking about going to EAS....how difficult is the conversion and what time should be allowed?

Thanks
lftpwr

The process is not that difficult, given you have already assigned Agent Login IDs and determined who will get what skills and skill prioritization for each agent. It has been awhile since our conversion, but I do remember allowing an hour or two prior to business hours for the conversion to take place. It is only a matter of changing system parameter features to allow EAS and changing the hunt group skill field on page 2 to yes. After EAS is implemented the skills and how they are assigned will have to be further tweaked depending on each agents ability. I hope this helps some.

Mine took more like 6-8 hours. While non-EAS uses login ID's, they aren't actually built as agents. You need to build all of the agents in the PBX after EAS is turned on. After going EAS, the ACD/Vector/Skill Yes/No fields on the hunt no longer act independent. If 1 is set to yes, they must all be set to yes. This may require you to blow away or modify all of your ACD hunt groups. If you do not change CMS to EAS at the same time, the CMS link will not come up (getting a CMS guy to activate EAS can sometimes take 3 hours waiting on hold with them just for that piece). Depending on the size of your switch, amount of agents, ACD hunt groups, etc, it could be quite time consuming and requires some good planning. -CL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back