Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Convenience Dialing on dterm? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertsuggs

IS-IT--Management
Feb 4, 2014
US
I know there is a way for a user to start dialing on the keypad of the dterm and it will call an extension. For some reason, I have a phone that is not able to do this. However, there are other phones at this org that can do this. Not seeing the difference in programming in AKYD...

Help?

start dialing on the keypad of the dterm and it will call an extension - not sure what you mean by this, not sure what system this is, but you mentioned AKYD so it might be a 2400. Try comparing ASCL. And ASFC.

belevedere, thanks for responding. You always are very helpful.

This is an NEC 8500. On a digital phone, without picking up the handset or hitting the speaker button, I want to press 3500 and get my associate down the hall. He can do this, but I cannot.

I do have a different SFC than he does, but I'm not sure what each bit means in ASFC to know what the difference is. My phone is more supervisor level than his, but I shouldn't have less functionality...

Also, this is a hotel/motel system, so ASCL doesn't work, I would AAST for the admin extensions.

Hope this info help. What's next teacher?

Looks like you want a DSS/BLF button (speed dial) with 3500 assigned under it. In key data, AKYD assign function 49 (spd). At the phone press the function key, then the speed dial key, then type in 3500, press function key again to write it.

No, I am not looking for speed dial. I used extension 3500 as an example. I want to be able to dial any phone number without picking up the handset or hitting the speaker button first.

Try using ASCL to change your extension to the COS of the extension that works.

I believe H/M is AACL.

After a little research, you might try "Feature" then "8" (not simultaneously).
This feature is only supported on certain 16ELC cards with specific switch settings. If the working phone is on a different card then you may not be able to make yours work.

I suspect the OP is looking for the live keypad feature but I am not sure of the programming on the SV8500, it will probably be an SFC feature but I don't have manuals to hand

Feature, 8 did the trick to turn on "DirectDialPad"

Thanks, PFD45!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back