Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Contsupp to Outlook 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyke61

Technical User
Jan 16, 2004
GB
Our Goldmine 5.7 system has customer records and individual contacts with details in the contact tab with "contact", "title", "reference","phone" fields.

My understanding is that these contacts are stored in the contsupp database, I have already synchronised my Goldmine main contacts with Outlook but I would like to export these individual contact records but I do not see how to do it.

I am only interested in their name, title, phone numbers

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated

you could get that information out by using

Code:
SELECT ContSupp.CONTACT, ContSupp.TITLE, ContSupp.CONTSUPREF, ContSupp.PHONE
FROM ContSupp
WHERE (((ContSupp.RECTYPE)="C"));

Contsupp contains email address, web site information, contact details and the links made when you use the organisation tree. This will depend on the RECTYPE value to ask for. 2P" is for email and website

Have you done a report that is able to extract the calls made to certain contacts with the company record??

The only reason i ask, is that i have been able to write something that can do this, but there is not a sure method to use due to how goldmine does not link the conthist table and the contsupp table with reference the contact properly.

If you want this code let me know.

What reporting software do you use. The code above is from access, but i am migrating over the crystal in the next 2 months or so.

I hope i have helped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back