Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Controls Disappearing under grid

Status
Not open for further replies.

bfendlay

Programmer
Sep 23, 2002
US
I have a form containing a grid and some controls. When I access the grid and press the down arrow, the controls under the grid disappear but the controls above the grid remain. After a browse, the controls re-appear. Does anyone know what might be causing this to happen??

Can you explain "After a browse..."? Are you actually issuing a BROWSE command in your code? Do you have any code in the Grid's BeforeRowColChange/AfterRowColChange event methods?

Rick

I ran into this too and my problem was that when I created some of the controls, the container I was trying to put them in wasn't really selected at the time I created them, so they were actually created below the container and thus weren't always visible when they should be.

Controls only disappear when under the grid. If I drag the same control above the grid it does not disappear when the down arrow is pressed. Also, after it disappears and then comes back after I press the browse control on the form. It no longer disappears when I press the down arrow (Not until I repopulate the grid. Then it starts all over.

bfendlay

It's hard to picture a control disappearing "under" a grid, but is you column sparse set to .F.? Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back