Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Controlling an HP 4100tn printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMooreDE

Programmer
Sep 12, 2001
US
I need to print two documents to an HP LJ4100tn. I first need to tell it what printer to use, which I would like to pass as a parameter from the execution line (printctl printername) without changing the users default printer. I then need to set the Print Quality, number of copies, and the tray it uses.
Report 1 needs to print two copies, collate OFF, best quality with economode, and print to the tray that contains the letter size paper and the paper type plain.
Report 2 needs to print with 300 dpi print quality, 1 copy, and to the tray that contains paper size letter, paper type labels. All help greatly appreciated!

PS this would also work if I could just get it to use the QuickSet settings, which include all of the above settings, except the number of copies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back