Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Controlling 2 Serial Ports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Etaoinshrdlu

Technical User
Jul 11, 2013
US
I have the built-in serial port, Com1, and a USB to RS-232 cable which show up as Com4. A board being tested is on Com1 and a piece of test equipment is on Com 4. I'm trying to write a script to send control commands to each port to run some automated tests. I have tried multiple variations of the Set Modem Connection and Set Modem Port commands with no luck. Anything I try to send to the test equipment on Com 4 after supposedly setting that as the active channel winds up going to the board under test on Com1. I can manually switch between Com1 and Com4 via the button on the bar at the bottom of the window and send the appropriate commands to either unit but not through the script.

Do you see the active connection switch to the proper direct connection? Can you post the relevant portions of your script? My guess is you have a typo or something similar in your set modem connection command that is preventing the switch from happening. One thing to be aware of is that I think the connections are case-sensitive, but I'm not at a machine with Procomm to verify that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back