Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

%CONTROLLER-2-FIRMWARE

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashish1542

Technical User
Jul 8, 2001
IN
Hi all,

I am getting some the error mentioned below on a 3662 router,

Sep 24 23:27:29.202: %CONTROLLER-2-FIRMWARE: Controller E1 4/0, firmware is not
running

What does this error mean? I went through Cisco's web pages ,and all it does is tell we that its either a software/hardware issue (as though there could be something else!!). If anyone of you has faced this could you atleast tell me what does this actually mean?

Thanks in advance

Ashish

Ashish,
Have you just installed the E1 card recently? You may have an incompatability with your current IOS and the hardware installed. You may want to check the cisco site for their hardware/software compatability matrix to confirm you're running the correct level of IOS for your current hardware config.

JimmyZ

Hi Jimmy,

Thanks for the response. The current IOS in the router supports this card, I have verified from the software advisior on the Cisco site. Also this card has been installed a long time ago.

From the 3600 memory calculator i confirmed that the Flash, RAM and the IOS feature set are all supported.

I guess this is a problem with the firmware on the card itself. Any suggestions?

Ashish

Most likely a faulty card, how long ago was the card installed? Check to see if you are covered under warranty and ask to have it replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back