Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Control Unit not recognizing Combo Card 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmm42278

IS-IT--Management
Sep 1, 2010
US
We installed an Avaya IPO 500 v2 about 2 years ago. It only consisted of a Control Unit PCS03, (1) Combocard PCS05/ATM4 PCS01, (3) Phone 8 PCS04 and the SD FK is a PCS02 with R6.0. We use the ATM4 to connect to a building next door. No outside CO lines.
We had a Combo Card go bad so we bought a new one a few weeks ago along with the R7.0 DVD and upgrade license. I installed the new Manager for R7.0 and upgraded the Control Unit from 6.0 to 7.0(5) and the .bin file to 9.0(5).

Now when I look at my Control Unit I have a Steady Red LED on Port 1 on the front panel of the Combo Card. When I look at my System/Control Unit on Manager it shows
Dev Type: COMBO6210/Unkno
Version: 7.0 (5)

When I go to System Status under Alarms/Configuration it shows
Internal module fitted with invalid daughter card:
Combo Phones/VCM, Slot 1

I can still make internal calls on the 3 Phone 8 lines but not on any on the Digital or Analog lines on the Combo Card. The (4) ATM trunks are all down as well.

Does anyone know why this could be happening? While writing this I read something about upgrading to 7.0 (12) for some PCS revisions to work. Could that be it. If it is, where can I download the upgrade files to do this. Thanks

I can't seem to find the upgrade files for 7.0(31). I'm looking all over the AVAYA support site but can't find it.

ftp://ftp.avaya.com/incoming/Up1cku9/SoftwarePub/7_0GA_Builds/ADMIN/ADMIN7_0_31.exe

ftp://ftp.avaya.com/incoming/Up1cku9/SoftwarePub/7_0GA_Builds/VMPRO/VMPRO7_0_32.exe

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back