Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Control Tip Text

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetski

Technical User
Aug 12, 2003
US
I want to display a lenghtly text message when a user mouses over text in my form. I have entered the text in the Control Tip Text properties area. The problem is it displays the text in a single line across the screen. Is there a way to make the text in multiple lines? Or is there a better way to do what I need to do?

Any help is appreciated,

Jetski

i know that if you set it from code you can use Chr(13) to force a line break, like so:

me.somecontrol.controltiptext = "Line One" & Chr(13) & "Line Two"

which should display like this (minus the cheesy ascii art tribute the days when DOS was the best OS you could find for your PC and short acronyms had yet to be replaced by catchy buzzwords in the marketing domain):

________
|Line One|
|Line Two|
|________|

I could not figure out how to find the control tip text area in the code. Can you point me in the right direction?

jetski

you can reference it like this:

me.somecontrol.ControlTipText = "Your Tip Text"

you might also be able to get the CHr(13) line break to work with the property sheet from the form's design view, i've just never tried it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back