Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Control start position of printing on multi-page report

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmtelf

Programmer
Apr 16, 2003
PH
A letter template report is populated with data. The resulting multi page report is printed on stationary paper which has a logo in the upper right corner. Let's say this logo takes up 5cmx5cm on the upper right corner.

The first page of the letter is fine as the client address etc is printed on the left hand side.

The problem is on the second page onwards - the text starts at the top of the page and thus overwrites the logo in the upper right hand corner.

I am trying to find out how to programmatically control the starting position of text *on the second printed page onwards*. i.e. "start printing 6cm down from the very top of the second page onwards".

I think this means I cannot e.g. change the top margin as that would also affect the first page, wouldn't it?

Ideally this new start position on the second page would also appear when the report is previewed. The end users get very confused rather easily! :)

I've searched this forum and have also looked at the FAQ.

Many thanks in advance for your advice and suggestions.

DMTelf

Is the client info in the report header? If so, you might want to move it to the page header. Then if you don't want this info to appear in page 2 and beyond you can make all controls in the page header invisible for all pages after page 1. In the On format event of the page header the code would be something like this:
Code:
If Me.Page > 1 Then
   Me.txtClientAddress.Visible = False
   etc.
Else
   Me.txtClientAddress.Visible = True
   etc.
End If

The empty page header in the other pages would still take up the same amount of space as the first page....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back