Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Control Source Sorting by Date / Apply Conditional Formatting to #Erro

Status
Not open for further replies.

jduguid

Technical User
Feb 5, 2010
US
I created a report that displays records that are either Status "Active" or Status "Monitoring." They are sorted and grouped to show Active records at the top. I have applied conditional formatting to the grouping header that lumps together records that are all due in the same week. This brings up two questions.

1. Sometimes Active records don't have a due date, they are then lumped at the top of the report and the grouping header simply displays #Error. Can I apply conditional formatting to remove the #Error, possibly by using white text when #Error is present?

2. Because Monitoring records rarely have a due date (but sometimes do), can the control source or sorting and grouping heading that sorts by dates be removed only on the grouping heading that = Monitoring?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

-JDuguid in Detroit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back