Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Control Packet Card for Avaya G650

Status
Not open for further replies.

WileECoyote

IS-IT--Management
Mar 26, 2003
US
I'm trying to set up ISDN-BRI out of the system at one of our remote locations. We are running CM 3.1 from centralized S8710 servers. The remote location has an S8500 server and two G650 gateways. I'm using a TN2198 as I need the U-interface flavor of BRI. This, in turn, is connected to a Cisco 2600 series box with BRI cards in it. Everything is set up and wired, but the "status data" command still shows disconnected. Checking the hardware guide, I saw that the TN2198 needs a packet control circuit-pack. I happened to have a TN778 packet control pack, so proceeded to plug it in. Bad things happened! A chip blew up and the red light for the power-supply/fan came on. I pulled the card and the light went out - no lasting damage. Avaya replaced the card, and the next one did the same thing. No documentation available on the TN778, but it now *appears* that it is incompatible with the G650.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back