Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Control characters being returned...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reesy

Programmer
Aug 7, 2002
GB
I am trying to move a number off Intranet sites of a Windows 98 PC running PWS to a Windows 2000 Server machine running IIS and I am having problems...

My current problem is that a site which is VERY simple - (it accepts a product code then on submit displays an image of the product, the product description and the suppliers product code.) works fine 100% of the time on the 98/PWS setup. on 2000 Server/IIS I am getting random control characters appended to the supplier product code being returned such as "\µn°x(" - This is not consistent i.e. If I submit the same product 5 times I get 5 different sets of control characters appended to the supplier product code.

The code, database, data etc. is exactly the same on both setups - anyone any idea why IIS would cause this problem?

Thanks, Reesy [mad] Blood, Sweat But No Tears!

I've been informed that IIS is almost certainly not to blame for this problem and it is more likely to be an ODBC driver problem. Blood, Sweat But No Tears!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back