Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Contour Labels appear right on screen then flip upside down upon plot

Status
Not open for further replies.

LandSurvey

Technical User
Jan 21, 2005
US
Has anyone had the problem of your contour labels flipping upside down when you plot? They appear right side up on the screen and then upside down when plotted. We've tried checking and unchecking the boxes for "make plan readable" and "label positive slope" in the contour style manager.
Thanks for any suggestions!

Hi LandSurvey,

Can you plot to a PDF? And then if you can, does it plot okay from the PDF? Is it just on the one plotter? Try these things and see if you get any different results, if you do, it's probably a plotter/driver issue, if not, it's probably a LandDesktop/AutoCAD problem.

HTH
Todd

Thanks for the response. We've tried plotting to .pdf and all our plotters and have the same problem. Would you know what to look at if it's seeming to be and AutoCad problem?

Hi LandSurvey,

I'm guessing when you plotted to the PDF, you had the same problem? And I'm guessing all the plotters are different - either different models, different types etc.?

Next, make sure you don't have the "plot upsidedown" option box checked. If you're plotting a named view, check the named view in the AutoCAD editing window to be sure you're not viewing it from underneath (negative z value). Is this happening to all files or just this one. If it's just this one, then make sure you perform an audit on the file, if that doesn't help, start a new drawing, with nothing in it - purge it before you do anything, and then insert the drawing giving you trouble. Sometimes that rectifies things.

You didn't mention if this was plain vanilla AutoCAD or something like LandDesktop, Civil or some other flavor, or what version you're using. If you didn't create the file, you may check for either service packs, the latest object enablers etc.

If the labels are blocks, be sure the block itself isn't inserted with a negative scale factor somewhere, meaning it was mirrored or something else with the block.

You've got a bit of homework to do but good luck and let us know how you solve it or if you solve it, you may help someone else...

HTH
Todd

Thanks for the advice. I'll check those things. We're using AutoCad LandDesktop 2006 if that hits any other notes in your head.

LandSurvey, I am curious if you every found a solution to your flipped contour labels. I also use LandDesktop 2006 at the firm I work at and I believe that my workstation is the only one that has this problem. Lately, it doesn't flip all the contour labels, but only some of them.

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back