Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Contivity VPN client "blue screens" when launched

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris120

Technical User
Apr 20, 2003
US
Trying to use Nortel Contivity 4.60 VPN client on W2K SP4. Cisco VPN client is also installed (though disabled) on this laptop. Cisco is used for my company VPN (Contivity is for a ccustomer site VPN) so cannot be totally un-installed.

When launched, Contivity appears to handshake with the remote site, then "blue screens" to a reboot. Any suggestions on how to avoid the conflict and get Contivity to work?

Chris,

Use Add | Remove programs to uninstall the Nortel client. Reboot. Uninstall the Cisco VPN. Reboot. Now reinstall the Nortel client, reboot, and test to see if it works. If so, reinstall the Cisco client and reboot. Now try each of them individually to see if they work.

The Cisco client I had been using was known by Cisco to be incompatible with the Nortel client. I was able to upgrade Cisco to 4.0.3 VPN client, and now it happily co-exists with the Nortel client.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back