Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Contivity Branch Office Tunnel Connection Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dargrotek

Technical User
May 10, 2012
GB
We have two Nortel Contivity 1740 which we use for both client connectivity and VPN concentrators specifically Contivity 1010s. Client VPN is dealt with by the first box, branch office tunnels split between the two although we are in the process of moving them to the second Contivity box.

We have had an increasing number of issues over the past few months with Branch Office Tunnels randomly going down and reporting no active accounts on the server. There are no configuration changes when it happens, no duplicate sessions against the BOT and the accounts are enabled.

We have had mixed success in the past with disabling then re-enabling the account however more often than not this is no longer proving effective. This means we need to get someone out on site to configure a new pre-shared key as it seems to be the only reliable way to get them working again as even a reboot wont do the job.

We also seem to be having an even more bizarre issue, 1010s that are physically disconnected from the network showing in the server logs as trying to login. Earlier today I had a 1010 mailed in from one of our sites and sitting next to me. Yet the server was still showing connection attempts every few minutes.

The "ghost" logins seem to be confined to contiv1 however the no active accounts seems to be evenly spread between the two. As far as I’m aware this isn’t happening with client accounts although it very well could be and just hasn’t been reported to me.

Has anyone come across an issue like this before? I've been searching but haven’t found anything particularly helpful yet.

Does anyone have any experience with this or a similar problem? Or can at least point me to a good online resource for Contivity?

Anyone? Still no closer to a solution myself. Surely we cant be the only ones having/had these problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back