Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Contivity - Banner Text Timeout Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmendez99

IS-IT--Management
Jan 21, 2003
US
Hello,

I'm having problems connecting to the corporate VPN service.
Here's the scenario:
O/S: Windows2000 SP4
Contivity Client: V04_65.09 (128 Bit Version)

I'm connecting through DSL.
Apparently, the connection authenticates with my vpn server, then the status message changes to "Checking for banner text". The status message stays present for about 30 secs and it then times out with the error "The Secure Contivity VPN Session has been lost. Click connect to re-establish the connection".

I've enabled the log and the only line which indicates that there might be a problem is a line that reads "| Isakmpd | E | Unable to complete encryption handshake with remote side. Encryption Mismatch."

I don't know what else to try. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

We have encountered the same problem before and it was related to a specific port being opened on the end user's connection (Road Runner business class - they were blocking the port on their router so the traffic could not reach the end user).

I will try to find the port number for you.

In our case, Time Warner had to open port 500 to allow the banner text to display properly.

Can also happen if you have a Brother MFC-8500 printer installed (go figure). See thread 463-439566 on this site for details on the fix from Brother. I had a user with this problem and the fix worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back