Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Contivity 1740 with 2 additional NIC's

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlosmcse

IS-IT--Management
Nov 17, 2005
US
I have a Contivity 1740 with 2 additional NIC's I have the Advanced Routing and Stateful Firewall licenses installed. I want o be able to use the Contivity as a firewall also. here's what i'm trying to do.

LAN = 192.168.170.0/24 (set as private servers LAN)

WAN = x.x.x.x (slot 1 interface 1 set as public)

LAN = 10.0.0.0/24 (slot 2 interface 1 set as private User VPN clients)

LAN = 10.0.1.0/24 (slot 3 interface 1 set as private this will have vendors devices)

What I set for my users VPN clients (nortel client) is assign a address pool of 10.0.0.2-10.0.0.254 so i want them to be in the 10.0.0.0/24 network when they connect, then I want to be able to use the stateful firewall to control the traffic coming from this network to anyother LAN attached to the contivity. Also I want to control any traffic coming in from the vendors network segment via the firewall.

Can the contivity support this? I had to setup slot 2 and slot 3 as private because according to the documentattion if i set them up as public it only allows vpn protocols only pptp, ipsec etc...

Any help would be great,

Thanks,

I believe the Contivity can support what you suggest. Are you having a particular issue in the implementation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back