Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Contivity 1100 factory default

Status
Not open for further replies.

damage750

Technical User
Apr 19, 2012
US
Is there a default IP address for the 1100 Contivity routers? I'm trying to reset the router to factory defaults.I've got it booted successfully to recovery mode using the reset button during the memory test, but when connected with the console cable its asking for the Administrators user name and the factory default isn't working. I'm not able to get to the web GUI because I don't know the IP address. Not sure where I can go from here, if anywhere.

Have you tried giving yourself 192.168.1.2 and getting to the router on 192.168.1.1?

The password cannot be reset with a factory default, only nortel can reset the password.

with factory default there is no ip address on the box

I found I can edit the config file on the flash card & set the IP address manually then get in and create a new user. I did try those IP address though with no luck. Most of these I've got have been changed since they were pulled from production. The majority of them are freezing during the boot sequence in both recovery mode and normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back